Attesting, Renewing, & Closing
Once approved, access to ICGC Controlled Data will last for 2 years; however, access remains conditional upon respecting the terms and conditions of the Data Access Agreement. An annual attestation must be made by the applicant and a bi-annual renewal must be completed in order to continue to access/use controlled data. If a project does not require access for the full 2 years, an application can be closed, which will remove access for all project members.
Application Progress Stages
|Application Stage||Description||Application PDF|
|Attestation Required||The application requires an annual agreement in order to continue with the last year of access. If this is not completed by the annual date, access will be paused until you attest. ||In this stage, you can still download the DACO signed PDF using the Approved PDF top button. |
|Expired||Access will expire 2 years after the date of approval. You will have up to 90 days after the expiry date to renew this application for an additional 2 years of access. ||In this stage, you can still download the DACO signed PDF using the Approved PDF top button. |
|Expired Non-renewable||If you do not renew the application within 90 days after expiry, the application will be closed permanently. ||You can download the DACO signed PDF using the Approved PDF top button. |
|Renewal Application||If you choose to renew an application, it will be unlocked for edits and you will be required to agree to the Data Access Agreement and all Appendices again. ||You can download a Draft PDF that will display a watermark if you wish to use it to collaborate with others on the renewal application.|
|Closed||An application can be closed before being submitted or after being approved. If an application is closed after approval but before the expiry date, the project team will lose access and the application will be view-only. ||If the application is approved and then closed, you can still download the DACO signed PDF using the Approved PDF top button. |
ICGC recognizes the importance of ensuring compliance to data access policies, therefore an annual attestation is required for all project teams.
45 days prior to the 1-year mark after approval, the applicant will receive an email reminder to complete the attestation. If the applicant does not attest by the 1-year mark, access to ICGC Controlled Data will be paused for all members of the project team. Once an applicant has attested to the terms, access will resume for the remainder of the 2-year access period.
How to Complete an Annual Attestation
- Upon receiving the email reminder to complete the annual attestation, you can login and navigate to the correct application.
- At the top of the application, you will see a yellow banner with some terms to review. Please carefully review the terms and if you agree, click the “I attest to the above terms” button.
- At this time, the application will move back into the approved state, and if access was paused, it will resume for the project team.
Renewing an Application
The DACO approval expires after 2 years of access. An email reminder will be sent to the applicant 90 days and 45 days prior to the access expiry date as well as on the date of expiry. If the project team is to remain active, the applicant may wish to renew beyond the 2 years. The option to renew the application will be available 90 days before the application expires, and up to 90 days after it expires.
How to Renew an Application
- When the applicant receives the email reminder that the application is about to expire (or has expired), they can login and click the Renew button.
- At this time, the application will be unlocked and you can make any changes (if necessary) to the currently approved application, agree to the Data Access Agreement and Appendices again, and re-sign and submit the renewal application.
- The DACO Administrator will be notified that a renewal application is ready for review. If there are no issues and/or the application remains the same as the previous version, the project team should be quickly approved for an additional 2 years.
Expired and Non-renewable
A signed copy of the renewal application must be sent to the ICGC DACO via the online application system. If a renewal is not received within 90 days of the application's expiry date, it will be considered closed permanently.
Closing an Application
- The application can also be closed by the Applicant or by a DACO Administrator at any time within the lifecycle of the application (before or after approval). A Close Application button is available from within the application header bar.
- When clicking this button, the user will be asked to confirm this action, as it cannot be undone. If the application is being closed after it has been approved, the confirmation modal will display a warning notifying the user that this action will remove access for the project team.
- Once confirming this action, the application will be closed permanently. The expiry date will change to reflect the date that the application was closed. If the applicant wishes to regain access, a new application will have to be submitted for review.
- The applicant and all collaborators will receive an email notifying them that the application has been closed and access to ICGC Controlled Data will be removed within 24 hours.